Diversity and Inclusion
Office of Faculty Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
The Office of Faculty Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion is focused on building the inclusive excellence of SDSU’s faculty and on the faculty’s pivotal role in establishing campus climate, the quality of the SDSU student experience, and enhancing diversity within the pathways through higher education. The Office maintains a close working relationship with and serves as a resource for campus leaders on matters of inclusion and diversity, and works with the University Senate to effect change. The Office works proactively to facilitate an integrated vision and shared responsibility for advancing institutional goals and for fostering and affirming a campus culture based on the core values of excellence, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Office of Faculty Diversity and Inclusion - GOALS
- Recruitment of faculty and staff who are reflective of the diverse students and communities served by SDSU;
- Fostering an environment of inclusion for faculty and staff from underrepresented groups;
- Enhancing the career pathways of faculty and staff from underrepresented groups;
- Bolstering the pipeline of diverse students through the pathways of higher education; and
- Cultivating relationships with the local community that advance the well-being of diverse individuals and communities.