SDSU Black Faculty & Staff Association
1. Serve as a unified and collective voice to represent the concerns of the Black
community at San Diego State University, to the executive offices of the university;
2. Foster collaboration, communication, and engagement within the SDSU Black community, and with those in the broader SDSU community;
3. Advocate for the employment of a more representative number of Black faculty and staff (in particular senior staff and senior administrators) at San Diego State University;
4. Promote professional excellence, scholarship and cooperative research among Black faculty, staff and students;
5. Provide resources and support to increase the utilization and realization of upward mobility opportunities for the Black SDSU community;
6. Urge SDSU to provide equal educational and career opportunities for professional growth for all members of the Black community;
7. Provide both leadership and supportive service on the administrative and academic levels to facilitate the delivery of efficient and effective service to all elements of SDSU;
8. Provide social and educational opportunities to heighten cultural awareness, stimulate a sense of social responsibility, and improve outcomes within our broader university community.
9. Encourage all members to take an active role in the organization by volunteering for committee work, community involvement, and sharing of expertise.