Welcome to the Native Resource Center (NRC)!
Howka (Kumeyaay greeting),
Founded in 1897 on Kumeyaay land, San Diego State University is gaining more recognition as a leader in higher education. At SDSU, we are committed to creating educational opportunities that contribute to intellectual development and equip you to succeed in a global society. We are proud to be one of the most diverse campuses in the country.
Through the Native Resource Center we can connect you to building community through student organizations like the Native American Student Alliance, Indigenous Social Work Association, campus initiatives through the Elymash Yuuchaap: Indigenous Scholars and Leaders Program and so much more!
The Native Resource Center is here to support you! We have an extensive network across campus to provide every student the unique support that they may need. We provide transformational experiences that include:
- Academic support and research opportunities
- Engaged faculty and administrative mentors
- Internships and career assistance
- Seminars, workshops, field trips and study abroad experiences
- Culturally responsive leadership development
- Peer to peer mentoring
- Traditional tribal gatherings
- Scholarship opportunities
- Community graduation ceremony