The Division of Diversity and Innovation
“Where diversity and inclusion are the drivers of innovation and excellence”
The Vision of the Division of Diversity and Innovation (DDI) is to advance diversity and inclusion as the drivers of innovation and excellence; thereby, fostering a community where students, faculty, staff, and alumni of all backgrounds and identities can succeed and feel at home.
The Mission of the Division of Diversity and Innovation is to elevate and celebrate inclusive excellence through equity-driven innovations that build and sustain structures, practices, and cultures that advance the welfare of all peoples while honoring the institution’s identity as a Hispanic Serving Institution and residence on Kumeyaay land.
The Division works proactively to address systemic inequities through professional learning, community building, advocacy, policy recommendations and organizational structures, while facilitating an integrated vision and shared responsibility for prioritizing and advancing institutional goals. We aim to foster an affirming campus culture based on the core values of excellence, equity, diversity, belonging and inclusion through:
- Recruiting and retaining faculty and staff who are reflective of the diverse student body and communities served by SDSU, and recruiting students who are representative of the rich diversity of the region and the world;
- Fostering an environment that is welcoming, affirming, and empowering for students, faculty, staff and alumni of all backgrounds;
- Enhancing the career and educational pathways of a diverse student body, the faculty and staff; and
- Cultivating relationships with the local community that advance the well-being of diverse individuals and communities.
Who We Are
The Division collaborates closely with, and serves as a resource for, campus leaders and the University Senate, to integrate matters of equity and inclusion into all aspects of University life. The programs and initiatives housed in the Division of Diversity and Innovation include:
- Ability/Disability ERG
- Asian Pacific Islander Desi (APID) Women's Affinity Group
- Bayanihan, Filipino American Faculty and Staff Association
- Black Faculty & Staff Association
- Black Women in Academia (BWA)
- Christian Community ERG (CCERG)
- First-Gen Faculty & Staff Association
- Latina Network
- Latinx, Chicanx, and Hispanic Faculty & Staff Association (LCHFSA)
- Military and Veterans Faculty and Staff Association
- Native American Indigenous Faculty and Staff Association
- Pride ERG
- Women in Businee Academia (WBA)